On November 8th, John Keegan, President and CEO of the Edison Innovation Foundation will give a TEDx talk at NJIT, entitled “There’s a better way to do it. Find it”.
Hi….Tom Edison here. Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Listen to John Keegan!
The Edison spirit, captured in the quote above, is a timely message for people of all ages. Here are some key points Keegan will touch upon:
- Edison is not just an historical footnote, but totally relevant to our world today.
- His lifetime legacy of accomplishments in totality accounts for $8-12 trillion in our current worldwide annual economy of $80 trillion.
- His accomplishments and creation of whole new industries currently accounts for one in four jobs on the planet.
- His creation of R&D labs provides the limitless team-based innovation fuel that inspires our self-renewing cornucopia of technology driven progress.
- He is the world poster child for a “fail your way to success” philosophy of life; and a champion of life-long learning.
- Students today study him as they learn and practice STEM / STEAM in school. Edison is the great grand-daddy of this paradigm.
Life Magazine, in honor of Edison’s cumulative inventive achievements, proclaimed him a powerful force for good, and worthy of the title, “Man of the Millennium”; a title never before attributed to any other human….the man of the last 1,000 years!
You can learn more about this great man. Stay tuned for announcements about this talk and its appearance on You Tube.
[For more information, please click the following link tedxnjit.com]
I f adit verry interesting